Gender-Based Violence Survivor Support
GBV Survivor Support
TVFH provides multilingual, culturally responsive resources to women experiencing gender-based violence in Waterloo Region. Experience has taught us that newcomer, racialized women feel isolated when they move to a new, unfamiliar environment.
Keeping that in mind, we deliver our programs through multilingual community support workers that are part of the ethnic groups they serve. Our CSWs are well aware of the cultural, social, and traditional constraints on women coming from cultures outside of Canada. This familiarity gives them common grounds to engage with the racialized, newcomer women we mostly serve.
- We give women legal resources
- We connect women with the right shelters
- We provide culturally responsive counselling
- We assist women in finding financial support
- We arrange for translation services in diverse languages…and more!
Talk to one of our multilingual community support workers (CSWs) to access culturally appropriate resources in your language.